Therapist: Shivaun Rackham
Who Pilates can help
- People with injuries and/or pain (back pain especially) and/or poor posture.
- Active people and sports people keen to prevent injuries.
- People with mild neurological conditions (such as Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis).
- People with medical conditions, or who are recovering after an operation.
- Pregnant women (before, during and after).
- People with rheumatological conditions such as Ankylosing Spondylosis.
How Pilates could help you
Pilates helps you strengthen and balance your body through exercises that improve overall central core stability and posture. Practicing Pilates can reduce chronic pain and make you less prone to injury.
Shivaun teaches Physio Pilates, using the APPI Pilates method designed by physiotherapists. This method includes modified exercises that take into account recent research and are suitable for people undergoing rehabilitation.
What a Pilates session involves
You can choose one-to-one or small group sessions. You’ll be taken gently through a programme of mind and body conditioning exercises that target the deep postural muscles of the abdomen and spine.
As a physiotherapist, Shivaun assesses your specific needs and designs a programme to help you meet your goals. She then monitors your progress and adapts the programme to make sure you are doing the most appropriate exercises as your condition improves.
Experience and qualifications
Shivaun is a state registered chartered physiotherapist, with a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy. She’s been practicing since 1994, and has experience in treating a wide range of conditions including chronic back pain. She is also a Pilates instructor, fully certified with the Australian Physiotherapy And Pilates Institute (APPI) and with additional training in ante and post-natal Pilates.
Cost of a session
1 hour initial assessment: £55
1 hour Pilates session: £65
1/2 hour Pilates session: £35
Block of six small group classes: £60
To book an appointment, call 01625 432152
To find out more